First of all, stop worrying and avoid any interaction with the area you doubt having asbestos. Yes! That’s crucial. Asbestos is a tiny fibrous material that was used as a popular and wonderful construction material before the ‘80s. However, its negative side came into the limelight, leading to its ban. And many places might still have asbestos present, sitting undisturbed and harmless.
But asbestos can become dangerous and pose threats once it gets disturbed and released into the air. So, if you doubt having these fibers present in any part of your home, you should act immediately. Here’s what you should do.
- Vacate and Insulate the Area: If you are thinking of handling asbestos yourself, you should stop planning that right away. It can be dangerous for your health and might land you in legal trouble as well. Federal and state laws require that only trained professionals should handle the task of asbestos removal. So, you should vacate the area you doubt is being infected and insulate it if possible.
- Contact a Professional for Testing and Removal: Hire a professional (licensed) contractor to inspect the area for asbestos presence. And if these dangerous fibers are found, the specialist should prepare a plan and get the required approvals to start the removal process.
Also, check for all the safety guidelines and asbestos removal regulations governing your area. This will help you find the best company for asbestos removal in Newcastle, NSW and make sure that you, your family, and your surroundings aren’t exposed to the hazardous dangers of asbestos infection.
Hiring a professional asbestos removal contractor or company is highly recommended at the time of removing asbestos. There are many reasons such as having the proper technique, skills and experience used by the professional while removing asbestos. However, few homeowners try to get the work done on their own. There is no harm in doing this however, the results are never going to be accurate. Instead, try and understand the benefits on hiring a professional asbestos removal company or contractor.
- They Won’t Break any Rules – Removal of asbestos requires certain rules that needs to be followed carefully. Although the professional will use his skills, knowledge and experience, they will ensure they work by following the rules instead of breaking them.
- They Work in a Safe Manner – There are risks involved at the time of removing asbestos to which professionals are aware of. And since professionals too can make mistakes, they will try to do work in a safe manner as much as possible.
- They Won’t Risk Health – By now, you must be aware that asbestos is a dangerous material. Moreover, this material is capable of getting crumbled even with the slightest of touches which gets mixed with the atmosphere and then enter our body through the nose causing serious health issues. Professionals understand this where they would work carefully by ensuring the vents, doors, windows of the home are shut and sealed before starting with their actual work.
These are just a handful of benefits for hiring a professional that gets rid of asbestos in Newcastle region.
Have you recently experienced any problem of respiratory, coughing, neck or face swelling? If yes, you should get a check for the presence of asbestos fibres done. The fibrous material is known to cause many health-related issues on inhalation. Besides, you might not see any symptoms but still, there are reasons that would require you to get the inspection done. Whatever the reason be for the inspection, here’re different asbestos surveys you should know.
- Refurbishment Asbestos Survey: This survey will generally look at your property in detail to find if there are any materials containing asbestos. The material might not appear until demolishment or refurbishment work starts. The surveyor will likely disassemble and dismantle furnishings during the process to get samples from partitions, walls, and under floorboards. Although hectic, this approach is worth the health risks it could help you avoid.
- Management Asbestos Survey: In this, your property is regularly inspected to find if there’s any asbestos present. Surveyors might find, monitor, and leave some samples with asbestos as they won’t pollute and disturb the air. This survey uses particular equipment and tools to access surface ducts, ceilings, and other specific areas.
- Demolition Asbestos Survey: Before you begin demolition of a building, this survey is essential. That’s because there might be construction materials deep down with asbestos content. Such materials don’t come to the front and pollute the environment until demolished.
Whatever the case be, you should always hire a professional team to inspect for the presence of asbestos in Newcastle on your property.